Well, it was mentioned to me on my return to Halifax that my notes have been epic and hilarious... or hilariously epic.. or something like that...I just hope some of you enjoy them...I'll try and make all posts as epic as I can...
So it was nice to spend a couple of days back in Halifax. Tropical Storm Chantal forced us back to the safe confines of Halifax harbour for a couple of days and I was able to sleep in my own bed for a couple of nights.
Not only that, but I got to see Sloan again.. and finally IN HALIFAX. I've seen them close to 15 times now, but that elusive Halifax show is finally crossed off the list. SLOOOAAAAANNNNN F%@*ing rocks...I think they are one of the most underrated bands around... The show was fantastic as usual... but I was a little bit... uhm... well I did a fair share of drinking last night... so I don't really remember parts... but what I remember was excellent...
I have to pick up their latest album, I think its the only one I don't have....
I got to see my cousins as well!... I was pretty happy about that...I didn't think I was going to see them at all, but we got to hang out Wednesday night before they headed to Cape Breton. I also ran in to some of them yesterday at Perks. So again, I was happy to be able to spend some time with them.
ANYWAY...
So we are headed back out to the Abyssal plain and should be there around 10am Sunday.. we will be out there for about 20 more days.
Pavel has left back to Russia and we got two new Russian guys. Shitty thing is their luggage got lost on the way here. So when they got to the boat all they had was the clothes they had on. So the Captain gave them 400$ to go to Walmart and buy some clothes.. He will get reinbursed of course, but I hope the airline makes it up to these guys somehow.... thats pretty damn shitty if you ask me. I've been told it happens frequently with flights out of Russia. I've had luggage lost before, so hopefully they will get theirs back... too bad it won't be until we come back to Halifax.
I found my battery charger for my digital camera... so I will add more photos again soon.
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment