Originally published Sunday, Aug 12
-----------------------------------
So I was sitting at my desk today when one of the russian guys came over to me.... Up until that very moment I had not heard this Russian guy.. Igor... say a single word to anyone on board. I mean I am sure he had, but he sure doesn't talk much and doesn't speak much english at all.... (There are currently 3 Russians on board... one left when we went back to Halifax..)
So he sits down, and in very broken english begins to tell me how when his children were young he couldn't go to see... so he took a job with Marvel comics in Russia doing the lettering in Spiderman and Silver Surfer comics... how friggin cool is that.. He had obviously seen me reading my comics and thought I might be interested to know... I have to admit, at first I didn't quite understand what he was saying and thought he said he used to draw the comics... but that didn't make much sense since I am sure they probably use the same illustrations and just translate the text.
So when I asked him if he could draw Spiderman for me... I finally understood that he just did the lettering... still pretty neat. I gave a couple of my comics away to one of the other Russian guys, Alex. He asked me for one to give to his daughter so I gave him a couple that I thought she might like... apparently she reads and knows more english than Alex does.
Today has been a good day...
I went outside to read for an hour or so... its beautiful..
And I am excited to see the meteor shower tonight. I need to read up about it..but I'll take some pictures. Right now there is barely a cloud in the sky, so if it stays like this it should be quite the show...
And BEST OF ALL...
NO FUCKING CIRCLES TODAY...
(Knock on wood)
I can't remember if I wrote this in my last post or not, but we have had a lot of breakdowns with equipment, and each time something breaks down we need to stop working, fix the equipment while circling back... this takes about 3 hours everytime something breaks.. and it was happening a lot....
But today has been great, we should be finished this line at around 5 AM.. at which point we will pull up the streamers (I offered to help take off the sippican cables that got tangled in the streamers... its causing noise in the record.. plus it gets me some time working on the back deck... and I can sleep after that because we have to transit to another line which will take a few hours.. if not longer... )
ok, what else....
Bah.. thats enough for now...
Peace out....
Any questions?
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment