Thursday, July 26, 2007

What a day...

Today has been pretty interesting. I had yet another Sippican fail, thats 4 in a row.. so I decided it was time for drastic measures. With the aid of a couple of the Phillipino crew members the cable to the launcher has been spliced and an extra 100Ft has been added. They did an awesome job. The splice looks great, and I can launch my Sippican's from almost anywhere now. And now I am safely away from the water and I won't be needing to wear all that crazy getup anymore..

This will help a lot... I HOPE...
I haven't launched another probe yet, but I did run throught the setup and it seems like everything is working fine.

Its also a beautiful day.. I just went for a walk on the Heli-deck. Its such an awesome view up there... a lot of the crew go up there just to walk around and get some air.. Its loud up there, really loud, so I had my ipod on, with my big headphones.. which help block some of the outside noise.. listening to Sigur Ros... made that much more enjoyable then the churning noise of the engines. You can see forever up there... well almost...and the sea is incredibly calm today.. I'll add some pictures shortly.. I know I keep saying that, but I really will..


Things are going good.
It looks like I will be back in town on the 11th to refuel. Thats the plan anyway.. its unfortunate that we didn't have a full load of fuel because we could have finished the job in one run. Instead we have to spend 2 days going back to Nova Scotia.. a day or 2 refuelling, then 2 days back to finish the survey, more survey time and then 2 more days back to Nova Scotia again... So I am estimating that this trip will be done around August 20th. Will see...

We had a safety meeting a couple of days ago.. which I was late for...oops. I got the time wrong.The medic/safety guy was talking about putting little pink ribbons around things that he saw that could be a safety hazard... some people didn't think to highly of that idea. I kind of feel bad for the Medic. I won't get into it... but anyway, I try to be nice to him when I can....


More stuff on my facebook page...Here...

No comments: