Just a funny note.. Apparently the captain was looking for me earlier because one of the deck hands told him that I was "discharging" something over the side of the boat...
He thought I was dumping toxic material overboard... WTF?
Someone explained the situation to him ... that all I was doing was launching a Sippican.. to do a CTD cast and get a Sound Velocity Profile...
As you can probably tell from the photo, thats not me... just a pic I found online, but thats what I do... a little rocket looking thing falls out of the gun and it goes down to 1800 m and it takes a sound velocity reading.
I'll try and get a picture of me doing it.. Its much more dramatic... She looks like she at least one deck up... I am right next to the waves.
He thought I was dumping toxic material overboard... WTF?
Someone explained the situation to him ... that all I was doing was launching a Sippican.. to do a CTD cast and get a Sound Velocity Profile...
As you can probably tell from the photo, thats not me... just a pic I found online, but thats what I do... a little rocket looking thing falls out of the gun and it goes down to 1800 m and it takes a sound velocity reading.
I'll try and get a picture of me doing it.. Its much more dramatic... She looks like she at least one deck up... I am right next to the waves.

No comments:
Post a Comment